HELLO, AND WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
THIS PLACE WILL BE ABOUT REVIEWS OF MAKEUP THAT I USE AS A FREELANCE MAKEUP ARTIST, MOVIES I SEE, AND THE MAYHEM I WITNESS, LOL. THIS WILL SIMPLY BE A PLACE OF FUN & REFLECTION. I'M HOPING THAT YOU WILL LAUGH AND LEARN A LITTLE BIT MORE FROM MY BLOGS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE POSTS HERE ARE JUST MY OPINION AND THE WAY I MIGHT VIEW THE WORLD.
ENJOY!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Makeup, Movies, & Mayhem

Sunday, January 1, 2012

What do you do in your down time?




It wasn't until I took coaching lessons with Ungenita Prevost www.thebilliondollarbeauty.com, that I realized in my down time I was doing something she called "busy work." Which meant that I wasn't being as productive as I should have been. Instead of me looking at things on the internet to further my knowledge or create new business relationships, I was surfing through mindless information and checking my email all the time to see if I had any "new" opportunities. But I have to admit, I wasn't putting in enough hard work but expecting a huge payoff.

When you receive clarity about what it is that you want to do, things become a little easier. You can begin to take the necessary steps to breakdown the goals you need to complete in order to reach whatever it is that you would like to accomplish. If you have a business that you're serious about, start conducting yourself in a manner on social networking sites that mirror your passion for your work. How are potential clients suppose to take you serious? Whatever you're writing on your blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other networking sites, says something about how you run your business and conduct yourself. It's no longer just about posting your thoughts if you have a real business.

Here are some things that you could be doing in your down time:

  • Reaching out to potential clients that you would like to work with.
  • Nurture the business relationships that you already have (going out for lunch, coffee, etc)
  • Post information that is both helpful and uplifting. 
  • If you have a blog, write out several topics/posts ahead of time and schedule them to be posted on a certain date, so you're not cramming to get it done when you are busy.
  • YouTube isn't about just learning a new technique but there are a lot of videos that deal with Business, Marketing, Networking, & Social Media.
  • Become better in an area of your craft (research & practicing). 
  • Try this website http://executivesummarybusinessplan.com/ and create your business plan.
  • Read materials that deal with networking and growing your business. There's a website called www.websitegrader.com that allows you to see how you compare to your competition. They also have tons of information and ebooks for you to download and share. 
If you stay prepared you won't have to get prepared!

Happy New Year & don't forget to make this year count for something extraordinary!

Cheers,

Desiree' Stovall
www.DesireeStovall.com

1 comment: