HELLO, AND WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
THIS PLACE WILL BE ABOUT REVIEWS OF MAKEUP THAT I USE AS A FREELANCE MAKEUP ARTIST, MOVIES I SEE, AND THE MAYHEM I WITNESS, LOL. THIS WILL SIMPLY BE A PLACE OF FUN & REFLECTION. I'M HOPING THAT YOU WILL LAUGH AND LEARN A LITTLE BIT MORE FROM MY BLOGS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE POSTS HERE ARE JUST MY OPINION AND THE WAY I MIGHT VIEW THE WORLD.
ENJOY!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Makeup, Movies, & Mayhem

Monday, October 10, 2011

Is Your Kit Insured?


When I moved to Louisiana almost about a year ago, one of the first things I did was get Renter's Insurance. I also made sure that my make-up kit would be insured as well under the policy. I've had my car broken into and even stolen in the past and thank the Lord my make-up kit wasn't inside. I always take my kit out of the car no matter how tired I feel, it's just not worth waking up to find it gone in the morning regardless if it's insured or not.

I read the article "The Whole Kit & Kaboodle" in September/October's issue of Make-Up Artist Magazine and was so happy that they highlighted this issue that some Make-up Artists' haven't even thought about getting.  A little preparation can go a long way in our industry and also can prevent anger and disappointment. Don't wait to be in a position of saying the would of, could of, should of. You can check with your home owner's insurance and car insurance to see how and what they can cover but also check into some business insurance.

Amy Ward of Award Studio wrote a great article about insurance and I would like to share it with all of you: http://www.awardmakeupschool.com/articles/safeguard.asp

I hope that this has shed some light to any of you that may not have thought about this and will take action to insure your business!

3 comments:

  1. awesome post! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I've been hearing more and more about. I really need to call my insurance agent and add my kit to my policy. I can't imagine having to start all over from scratch. My heart skipped a beat just thinking about it. Great post. :-)

    ReplyDelete